Online Transaction Security
Your security is our priority, therefore we want to ensure online transactions are performed by authorized personnel. To ensure only authorized personnel are initiating these transactions, certain sections in eAdvantage, such as Advance Transactions and Account Transfer pages, require additional verification to be accessed.
Currently, this verification is achieved by installing a digital certificate on your machine. Digital certificates are adequately secure but can be cumbersome and time-consuming to install and do not allow for flexibility of the user.
To overcome this challenge, we are implementing a new authentication methodology that will allow an easier setup and simplified use. All you will need is a compatible smart phone, tablet or your PC.
What do I need to do?
You will need to set up the Google Authenticator app or WinAuth application to generate time-based, one-time passwords. Setup instructions can be found on eAdvantage after you have been transitioned to this new security.
How do I generate one-time passwords?
To generate time-based, one-time passwords, you will need to download Google Authenticator on your Android or Apple device or WinAuth for your PC. After Google Authenticator or WinAuth is installed, you will need to set up the application and to produce one-time passwords for you to enter when accessing eAdvantage pages that require additional verification.
Important Info About Your Secret Key
During the setup process, you will have access to a secret key. It is important that you do not share your secret key with anyone. If you share your secret key, anyone who manages to obtain your eAdvantage username and password would also be able to access the extra secure functionality.
Things to know about one-time passwords
- When you navigate to a more secure section of eAdvantage, you will be prompted to enter a one-time password to be granted access to the requested section.
- You will need to open your one-time password generating application and enter the six-digit pin in the text field within eAdvantage. Then click "Confirm".
- The one-time passwords the application generates are valid for 30 seconds.
- If you enter a one-time password after its 30-second validity, you will receive an error message stating "You have entered an incorrect one time password." If this happens, just enter the current one-time password showing on the screen in your authentication application.
- After entering your one-time password, you should have access to the secured functionality for the duration of your eAdvantage session.
What if I switch devices or lose my device?
You can always go back to the “Settings” page in eAdvantage and set up your new device to generate one-time passwords.
As a general personal security procedure, it may be a good idea to have a way to remotely wipe your smartphone or tablet device in case of device theft or loss.