- Letters of Credit (LOC)
- PUD Program
- Deposit Accounts
- Member and Financial Operations
- Wire Transfer Services
- Safekeeping and Custody Services
- Affordable Housing Products
- Mortgage Partnership Finance
- Educational Resources
- Membership Directory
Members have three ways to deposit funds at FHLB Des Moines:
Demand Deposit Account (DDA)
The Bank establishes a primary DDA for each member upon membership approval. The majority of transactions with the Bank are processed through the member′s primary DDA, including advance transactions, periodic interest billings, capital stock purchases, redemptions and dividend payments, MPF transactions, the collection of various Bank fees and more. Members may also request to have additional (secondary) DDAs established at the Bank for other purposes.
Daily Time Account
In addition to the primary DDA, the Bank also establishes a Daily Time Account for every member. The Daily Time Account is an overnight deposit account with interest earned and paid to the member on a daily basis. Interest earned on Daily Time Accounts is credited to the member′s primary DDA.
Members may deposit funds at the Bank for a fixed term at a fixed rate subject to the following terms and conditions:
- No minimum or maximum amount required
- Maturities up to and including one year. Contact us for availability of longer terms.
- Interest paid at maturity
- No withdrawal of funds allowed prior to maturity
- Eligible to pledge as collateral for advances
Note: Member deposits at FHLB Des Moines are not insured.
Member Financial Services
Toll Free: 800.544.3452, ext. 5415
Local: 515.281.1000, ext. 5415