Letters of Credit Changes
The following changes to Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines Letters of Credit go into effect on February 5, 2018:
Collapsing of Price Tiers
- FHLB Des Moines is collapsing the pricing tiers for Letters of Credit.
- There is now a single price for all Letter of Credit types, regardless of size, including Letters of Credit issued in conjunction with the FHLB Des Moines Public Unit Deposit program.
- This change provides greater flexibility for members.
- To view the updated pricing schedule, please see the Fee Schedule.
Elimination of Average Daily Balance and Direct Pay Letters of Credit
- The Average Daily Balance and Direct Pay Letters of Credit are no longer available.
- Outstanding Average Daily Balance and Direct Pay Letters of Credit types will be honored until the next scheduled renewal date, or expiration date, whichever occurs first.
Adjustment to Minimum Fees
- FHLB Des Moines has long held our service fees well below industry norm.
- The changes to our Letters of Credit fees are specific to minimum fees which many Letters of Credit charges easily exceed.
For questions regarding the Letters of Credit changes above, please contact your FHLB Des Moines Relationship Manager.
Service Fee Changes
We have made changes to our fee schedule effective January 1, 2018. An updated fee schedule is now posted for all members. For questions, please contact Member and Financial Operations at 800.544.3452, ext. 5414 or by email at email@example.com. We look forward to our continued partnership with you for a successful 2018.
Advance Product Changes
The following product changes went into effect on January 2, 2018:
Elimination of Tiered Pricing on Advances
- This change provides greater flexibility for members and offers the lowest respective advance rates for all advance sizes.
Pricing Change to Member Option Variable-Rate Advances (MOVRs)
- The MOVR advance rate includes an additional spread to more fully incorporate the term to maturity. This spread will be applied to all new and existing MOVR advances at origination and scheduled rate reset dates.
- It is anticipated that this change may impact advance rates for longer-term MOVR advance maturities and those having rate resets on a semi-annual basis.
Forward Starting Advance
- The symmetrical prepayment feature is no longer available on Forward Starting Advances.
Increase in Minimum Advance Size on Symmetrical Advances
- The minimum size for advances eligible for the symmetrical prepayment feature has been increased to $1 million.
For questions regarding the product changes above, please contact your FHLB Des Moines Relationship Manager.
|02/20/18||St. Cloud AHP Workshop
St. Cloud, MN
|02/22/18||Standby Letters of Credit Webinar|
|02/27/18||Casper AHP Workshop
|04/10/18||St. Louis Regional Member Meeting
St. Louis, MO
|04/11/18||Springfield Regional Member Meeting
|04/12/18||Independence Regional Member Meeting